Translate

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Welcome!

Hello there! Welcome to my blog. My purpose for having this blog is for my finished crocheted projects to be shown to the world. Some are my original designs but most of them I learned from patterns and video tutorials in YouTube. I hope to sell them full blown when I'm ready, I posted some pictures in Facebook. I already asked permission from the original authors if I can sell the finished projects and it's so nice of them to allow me to. I feel greatly achieved when I'm able to finish a crochet project, it's my constant stress reliever.
My Mama taught me the basics of crochet when I was younger, I remember she used to buy me yarns and crochet hooks. But I guess I was too young to be interested in it. Fast forward to my college years in 2000, I became interested in it when I saw my friend Mae Yap crocheting a cellphone pouch. I asked her to teach me how to do it, good thing I kinda remember how to do the basic stitches so I didn't take long for me to get used to it. I started selling cellphone pouches to my family and friends, it went well. But I became inactive to crocheting when I started working in 2004, I didn't have much time to do it.
Just a few months ago when I bought a laptop, I found video tutorials in YouTube. My favorite channel is The Art of Crochet. She posts many video tutorials from amigurumi to baby clothes to different kinds of granny squares, she's a great teacher and I learn a lot from her. I hope to be able to show my finished projects that I learned from her video tutorials. Here are some crochet projects that I finished, these are my original designs and family & friends love them. I really appreciate their feedback. I consider what my brother Kyle has to say about my designs very important, since he's the one that has some sense of fashion. :-)
Here are photos of my finished crochet projects. Hope you like them as well.







For the first 4 photos, I experimented with crocheted buttons & many people like them because they look like the old cassette tape! :-)
I used different sized buttons for the last 4 photos, I got many positive feedback on them.
I was able to make barefoot sandals as well but I need to look for a model to wear them, not really a MODEL but at least the person has to have nice feet. My feet are ugly, it's embarrassing if I'd post pictures of my feet. hihih.  :-D
I'll be posting again when I'm able to finish another project. See yah!

<3 <3 <3

1 comment: